Monday, February 27, 2012

And the CrossFit casualty of the day is...

My eyes???


Yeah. Got home today after my 5pm class and did a double-take in the mirror. Had I smudged my makeup all over my face? (It's happened before.) Nope. That shading was all blood-red. And only around my eyes.

Luckily, I did not freak the fuck out. This has happened before. My eyes are apparently unable to go upside-down without proper preparation. It happened the first time I ever did wall-stands in yoga. And then it would happen after that if I hadn't actually warmed up and just felt like showin' off my awesome (not really) upside-down skillz (often just to myself).

My WOD today was (mine was a modified (less reps) version):

8 chest-ups (like a pull up, but higher, and in my case with double resistance bands)
20 walking lunges
3 wall climbs

A wall climb:


Again, mine look NOTHING like that. I maybe get to a 45 degree angle. I think.
But that is apparently enough to make all the membranes of my blood-vessels give up in defeat:

Also, if you look carefully you can see my Rodney-Dangerfield-Pupils of disparity!
Also, I promise I've wiped off most of my makeup, I just don't fight that last bit of eyeliner since it comes off so much easier in the shower, and then I don't fear getting toner in my eye.
The ladies understand me, I'm sure.

Anyway, faux black-eyes aside (and they'll probably be mostly gone by morning), the WOD went pretty well. I did 3+21 rounds in 12? minutes (I really need to check how much time they put on the clock). I also learned that my 1 rep max back squat weight is 110lbs, which makes me feel awesome. I think I could probably have gone to 115, actually, but I kind of felt like I was holding up my teammates at that point.

In caloric news, the weekend was easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy. Today has been more difficult-difficult-lemon-difficult and I'm not sure why. I was just hungrier all day, but I'm not sure if it was actually hunger or general boredom-hunger caused by my job.

And now, to homework! O.O


(le sigh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment